This Week in Literature

I’m pleased to announce that Bad Cow is live in all its vampirey, angelly, demonny, elfy, flat-earthy, classic-fantasy-novel-doorstoppy glory. You can get the e-book here for just a buck more than The Final Fall of Man books, which isn’t bad for three times the book.

You can find the paperback here. Sorry this turned out to be more expensive, but again – three times the book, I had to price it the way Amazon told me to price it because they have to print it and make a profit. I minimised my profit in turn (hey, I don’t sell that many paperbacks so it’s better to make it cheaper and maybe sell more), adding only a little to the bare minimum printing and production cost Amazon defined.

bad cow6

Go forth and enjoy!

This brings my modest little bibliography to … I want to say twelve?

bibliography

There, twelve. As you can see, The two giant Book of Pinian books are up and ready to go, but are awaiting extensive editing. And will probably become four books rather than two. But I guess we’ll see. The duplicates you see there in Proof Review status are my classic limited-edition alternate covers and sneak preview variants that I just left rather than delete or overwrite.

Not bad for three years’ work. Not exactly Sanderson levels of deployment, but fuck that guy and his not having to work a full-time job.

In other literary news, my firstborn Wump has begun work on her own very first novel (not including the compelling illustrated Eyebrow Monster: Scary Monsters 1).

wump_book

There was once a little girl who went into a haunted house she was very scared because there was a ghost that [something, scared her?] very much. Her dog [named Toffee?] was also scared [something]…” my Swedish fails me.

I could burst. I can’t wait to slap this up on Amazon right alongside my own works.

Maybe an illustrated version…

This entry was posted in Oræl Rides To War, The Book of Pinian and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to This Week in Literature

Aww, following in your footsteps! So great!

Hey, as in the past, is there a better way for me to buy the paperback that gets you more money? Or should I just use Amazon?

Funny you should mention. There actually isn’t anymore. It used to be that CreateSpace gave more royalties if you bought there directly, but now they are folding fully into Amazon and all royalty levels are standardised to the lower (but still decent) Amazon cut.

I get compensated for profits lost on books I published with CreateSpace before this development, but this book ain’t one of them.

Amazon continues to buy everything else up. I see.

What could possiblye go wrong?

To be fair, CreateSpace has been part of Amazon for as long as I’ve been using them – that’s why Amazon sales and coordination works so nicely. It’s just that now the CreateSpace e-store is going bye bye.

I’m not actually sure what that means for me personally, aside from the royalties thing. I used to be able to buy copies at cost there, for promotions and stuff. I may not be able to do that anymore, aside from the proof copies I get to order for editing. And there’s a limit of 5 of those.

Next available price drop is for bulk orders in the thousands, and I can’t afford that shit.

Order placed. I was going to upload a picture here to show that, but then after cropping it realized I can’t do that. LOL

Deeply obliged. Hope you like it, I think you’re in the top five of People Who Will Get The Most Out Of This Story. Maybe the top three.

“I think you’re in the top five of People Who Will Get The Most Out Of This Story. Maybe the top three.”

From your mouth to my cockles!

Of my heart, I mean #nohomo

Long story short, Amazon.