Hosting III: Back to the Initial Interpretation of Hosting

sotunki

About Hatboy

I’m not often driven to introspection or reflection, but the question does come up sometimes. The big question. So big, there’s just no containing it within the puny boundaries of a single set of punctuationary bookends. Who are these mysterious and unsung heroes of obscurity and shadow? What is their origin story? Do they have a prequel trilogy? What are their secret identities? What are their public identities, for that matter? What are their powers? Their abilities? Their haunted pasts and troubled futures? Their modus operandi? Where do they live anyway, and when? What do they do for a living? Do they really have these fantastical adventures, or is it a dazzlingly intellectual and overwrought metaphor? Or is it perhaps a smug and post-modern sort of metaphor? Is it a plain stupid metaphor, hedged around with thick wads of plausible deniability, a soap bubble of illusory plot dependent upon readers who don’t dare question it for fear of looking foolish? A flight of fancy, having dozed off in front of the television during an episode of something suitably spaceship-oriented? Do they have a quest, a handler, a mission statement, a department-level development objective in five stages? I am Hatboy. https://hatboy.blog/2013/12/17/metalude-who-are-creepy-and-hatboy/
This entry was posted in Kussa mun hopoti?, Office Posts, Random and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Hosting III: Back to the Initial Interpretation of Hosting

Offer him bread with salt as soon as he walks in, but look really creepy and conniving at the same time….

Then invite him to a wedding. His reaction will tell us all we need to know.

EXACTLY. Fan or GTFO

Hee, well we discussed the TV series and he said he hadn’t read the books. He did Google me and find my books and blog, though. A man of impeccable, nay imperial taste.

• brknwntr says:

Hello, sir guest.

“Hee, well we discussed the TV series and he said he hadn’t read the books.”

There was a time when I would have snooted at such a person. There may come again such a time. But as you know, Hatboy, in *this* case, I approve. Anyone have that gif of GRRM flipping off us after telling him to write faster? Consider me inserting that here, along with a mirror to reflect his gesture back upon him.

I introduced myself as “from the colony that doesn’t respect the queen.” It wasn’t necessary, but it was fun for me, and I was in a mood.