Interlude: Christmas Shoppin’

Not a lot to report again. Last night’s Westworld marathon was brilliant[1], with an amazing dinner of jugged hare that Mr. BRKN shot (with a bow!) in the field in front of our house in our front yard, for the purposes of strict legality.

[1] What a series of twists, what a cool story. I’m going to have to watch it again now that I know roughly what’s going on, and also so I can hear more than 17% of what’s happening. Why do we try to watch complicated-arse shows with noisy-arse people? Oh right, because they’re excellent people. But still, I’ll be rewatching.

The hare was delicious, well-cooked by Mrs. Hatboy, the wine and gin and snacks were great, and … okay, the salty liquorice potato chips[2] were pretty awful, but the rest was nice.

[2] Seriously.

Today, we Christmas shopped. Majority of prezzies taken care of, cards posted to the rellies in Australia, and a free lunch at Burger King[3]. Still a few things to post, and a few things to take care of, but very pleased with the progress.

[3] For real. A Trainee (not his real name) at Burger King last time messed up my order, giving me a Whopper with cheese instead of a double Whopper with cheese. I asked for the right burger, and they gave me a double Whopper without cheese. I asked for the right burger again, and got the right burger and a pair of free meal coupons. Which Mrs. Hatboy and I ate today. Also I filled out the online questionnaire so I get a free Whopper next time, too. God, I’m a tightarse and I love it.

Tonight, the final Harry Potter movie on DVD with Wump.

Advertisements

7 Responses to Interlude: Christmas Shoppin’

I was mostly quiet, I admit I jumped in a couple times when I knew a twist was coming, and I am truly apologetic for that, but I was mostly quiet.

Hey, most of the noise you were making was related to Walder body-slamming you, so you get a full pardon.

And by “pardon”, I mean “pardon, I didn’t hear that whole set of dialogue because of the goddamn roaring and shrieking and oh fuck this, just fuck it.”

Seriously though, I also apologise here in semi-public, for the instances of temper-loss on my part.

• brknwntr says:

Nah you were good.

I wasn’t sure if Vuta would agree with you after I interrupted his mobile phone data connection speed monologue with “are Mrs. Hatboy and I the only ones who haven’t seen this or what?”

Fortunately, Bella backed my play with a classic, “No, I’m trying to fucking hear it too.”

• brknwntr says:

Oh, well maybe I have a higher tolerance for *annoyed outburst* cause I thought that one was funny. Although on point. Since I was quietly playing on my phone in the kitchen at that time though, it was less directed at me.

• brknwntr says:

I’ll remember to play quieter next time.

Well like I said, you weren’t the problem. Loud is fine, as long as there’s at least one closed door in between … but that sort of defeats the purpose of you being a guest in our house.