I’m the new guy

I don’t keep pointless word counts. I don’t actually know what I do. I haven’t been out in thirty years or so. I’ll try not to get us fired, but I probably shouldn’t be around people.

I’m the one all the others can ignore, because they get to write.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to I’m the new guy

And what’s your name? Have you met Hatboy, EdPool and the other two? Do you have anything you would like to tell us?

I’m sorry for your loss!

“I’m lost.”

Proof that this day of the week ends in “y” XD

Dat’s some clever shit right there. :p

Just trying to make our mutual friend whose write night last night was pretty clearly ruined crack a smile. <—- also, now answering you seriously on your statement "I'm lost." I'm pretty sure that's what Hatboy is saying here.

Ok, so that’s what that post was about. I thought it was about work. Not sure which would’ve been better.

And I actually thought that was pretty clever, especially since it took me awhile to figure out. Slow day.

Well, to be fair, it certainly could be about work. But coming today, Thursday, after write night, and mentioning word counts and others getting to write but not him, I made the inference. Plus I haven’t heard anything negative about his new workplace yet. Well, aside from the standard BS you technical writers constantly complain about. Babies. Engineers rule, technical writers drool!

Or it’s an art project. You know, Hatboy is a bit *whistles and twirls finger sideways at temple*

Too kind, too kind.

That reminds me of a joke.

Q: How many Engineers does it take to write editorial comments in a PDF?

A: Who needs to write editorial comments in a PDF, when you can take a screencapture of the page, open it in MS Paint, scribble out text using the eraser, write new text using your mouse, then insert the resulting PNG into an e-mail and send it back to the weeping Technical Writer?

True. Story.

Seems legit. You gotta use varied techmology….

*techomomology.

Inneresting.

You might not have heard someone pronounce it like that, but there it is. So troll-definition-ready!