Yay

Been a good day. Wump’s first dance class seems to have gone well, now I’m just waiting for her to come out of swimming school.

I think I broke my phone charger this morning, but it hasn’t been enough to dent my good mood.

I tried Mountain Dew for the first time. It was underwhelming.

And holy shit, the writing just exploded. The third short story in my anthology just began to happen for real. I know what’s going on now. All the stories are going to interlink. Well, of course they were sort of all going to anyway, because they’re all set in the same galaxy, but you know.

A character named Attacus Hate has just stepped into the FFoMiverse. Don’t worry, it’s just a name. Anyway, I think he’s going to be a bit of a big deal. He is (or was? Or both, since these short stories are all over the timeline?) an Elevator Person. Maybe an ancestor of Z-Lin Clue, but probably not. There was more than one family of them and I don’t obey the Law of Conservation of Characters – or whatever the “turns out they were related” equivalent is. The Star Wars Amendment? Lucas’s Third Law?

Anyway. Watch this space.

This entry was posted in Astro Tramp 400 and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Yay

Mountain Dew is not drunk for bits taste, it’s drunk for its caffeine content. It’s taste is unappealing.

Its caffeine content was underwhelming too. Coke and Dr. Pepper are nicer. Iced coffee nicer still. Of course, tastes vary so if you don’t like coke I can accept this explanation. Otherwise, get your buzz somewhere sensible.

• brknwntr says:

I prefer Coke to Mt. Dew. Mt. Dew was my father’s drink not choice for years, and at the time it had like twice as much caffeine as a can of coke, I don’t know if that’s still true. However I caused my stomach to bleed from a diet of 6-7 liters of Mt. Dew per day, and nothing else. I no longer drink the stuff.

Yeah, well, that’s goddamn insane. I used to drink Colombian Cola and Jolt Cola, both of which had twice the caffeine of coke (plus I took No Doz), but no more than a couple of 300ml bottles a day and I ate as well.

My stomach never bled, but I ended up needing caffeine pills in order to get to sleep each day. And now I’m short most of a large intestine, which was admittedly genetic but I’m sure my dumbarse diet helped. So I’m careful now.

Mostly because I’m cheap. I don’t want to have to take €15 worth of junk to get a wake-up buzz when I can do it on a single 20c cup of coffee from my machine at home (or free from work).

• brknwntr says:

Yeah, I don’t get the whole caffeine thing. It just never gives me that buzz. Or rather I need such massive amounts of it to get that buzz, that it’s the same as not getting it.

inb4 Atticlue