Herring Do

Day 25. 161 pages, 58,131 words. I can’t take a lot of credit for this huge jump, I just edited and wedged Black Honey Wings into the anthology, and it was a decent size.

No time to write anything today, I got in to work after 09:00am and absolute technical writing madness ensued, which meant I had no spare time and now have a splitting headache on top of it all.

Oh well, last night went well. And the weekend approaches. And now I am offf to buy a ton of herring, and ship my new paperback to my cover artist, and buy cake for tomorrow’s coffee break.

Hmm? Oh yeah, and my book is ready. Here for the e-book, here for the paperback.

damorak11a

Amazon will get its shit together and put all the editions together in a single tidy link soon, I’m sure.

Gaaaaah what a day. Adobe FrameMaker, engineers who redesign on the fly, and the traditional place of documentation (specifically, “twelve minutes before the product goes live”) make a heady combination of delightful fuckeries.

This entry was posted in Astro Tramp 400, Office Posts, Random and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Herring Do

Wait it actually looks like a tooth? I thought it was a “mettafur”! XD

She’s called a Godfang for a reason. And the description is pretty prominent in the book … long tusk, roots at the top…

Again, joking. “mettafur” is a Bush-ism and one of my “tells” that I’m taking that piss.

Sorry, missed the joke. Did you miss that the Godfang looked like a tooth or not?

I missed that it looked EXACTLY like a tooth. I was picturing, you know, a spaceship that resembles a tooth, if ya dig.

Aaaah, I get you! Yeah, well, only five people in the world read the book without a cover. So there you go.

There’s a saying…something about this…. I guess I’m pretty awesome for judging a book without its cover! XD

“Glomulus nearly creamed himself over how much it looked like a tooth. His twisted psyche DID cream itself. It was clearly a tooth, not just tooth adjacent in description.”

Why do I feel like the one here who is refusing to take things literally and robotically while everyone else is refusing metaphors and analogies? It’s really disorienting!

“You’re quite right. And now there is a cover, nobody else will miss all my painstaking descriptions of the Destarion the way you did! So it’s win-win!”

-.-

BITTERMAN!

Well … yeah. She’s basically the reason he collected teeth. Or at least, as soon as he saw her, she became the reason.

• brknwntr says:

Yeah, I know he’s not an Elevator Person, but I feel like there is something in what has damaged him, that is related to her.

Absolutely. Or something in the specific type of damaged he is, that she could relate to. They’re like star-crossed killers.

There will most likely be more about this in the follow-up series. I just don’t want to go into too much detail about it, because remember how cool Dexter used to be before the whole series got fucked briskly and lubelessly in the ass?

• brknwntr says:

Book Three of Dexter was a disaster.

That probably would have been a good name for it. Disastrously Dumbed Down Dexter.

• brknwntr says:

I know this is off track for the OP, but book 3 made NO SENSE AT ALL. It was like Jeff Lindsay died and instead box getting Sanderson to finish the series, they got Meyer.