500

It looks like today’s post will be my 1,173rd blog post, and just to make it extra special it appears as though WordPress has registered 500 Likes on my assorted blog entries.

500_likes

I don’t know if this counts comment Likes as well as post Likes, but let’s assume it’s just post Likes. That means I have received a Like for every 2.346 posts I’ve made on this blog.

Which – I’ll be honest – seems a little high to me.

But oh well.

This entry was posted in Office Posts, Random and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to 500

1. I’m well past 200 myself, and I assumed that it covered comment likes, too, but now that you mention it, I’m not sure!

Congrats, anyway!

Considering your “quality over quantity” approach and the fact that I’ve been at this about a decade longer than you have, I have to say I’m always impressed and a little jealous of the Likes each of your posts gather. I don’t know if it’s purely because your posts are just about always artworks, or if you’ve shared links to various places that bring in more readers. Anyway, it’s great stuff. I’m very lazy about it all, myself.

Mind you, all it takes is one post being shared in the right place. Some of these WordPress posts you see that have 200 or 300 Likes on a single post … where do they all come from??

Bastards.

• I’m crossposting on Tumblr, but unless everybody is on stealth mode while browsing, I’d say that my Likes are generated within WordPress, perhaps via Reader recommendations? Been wondering myself how exactly am I attracting the viewers: I’m not doing a whole hell of a lot advertising. My guess, though, is this: while I haven’t paid for any visibility (not sure that’s even an option on WordPress), I’m posting images. It makes a huge difference. People are always more inclined to gravitate towards posts with images — particularly towards posts that ARE images, as in my case.

Your posts are quality stuff and deserve more likes than they’re getting.

Completely agreed on the “right post in the right place” thing. That’s how the ‘net works.

I can’t believe I was the first to like this XD

It appears as though I am the first to like this post. Ironically only after reading Aaron’s post.

It’s like rain on your wedding day or something.

Oh sir, you fell into my trap. You have no idea how gleeful I am right now! Not really a trap of beating you in a debate or anything, nothing like that. Just the trap of giving me an excuse to share the thoughts I was having this morning on the age-old topic of how “wrong” Alanis was in her “Ironic” song!

Yes, I actually mulled that old topic over this morning, I’m not ashamed to say. It’s what I DO.

See, the critics are partly right, of course…all that shit in the choruses, and the example in each verse too, are NOT ironic. Of course not. Rain on your fucking wedding day? Yeah no.

See, but that’s where she GOT you all! See, she does make *one* misstatement in the bridge, the “isn’t it ironic, don’tcha think, a little too ironic?” But that’s just one mistake. After that, she says “and yeah I really do think it’s like rain on your wedding day blah blah blah.” Well, to be fair, she’s not SAYING all that shit is ironic. She’s saying all that shit is like the shit she just described in the verses! Which it is! “and I really do think”…the “and” in there implies a NEW thought! In addition to asking if it’s ironic, she ALSO thinks it’s like all the stuff in the chorus. Which it *is*.

Genius! She totally trolled you haters!

The *only* problem is that none of it is ironic. But she didn’t say “it’s ironic like rain on your wedding day, blah blah blah.” No no no. The haters supplied that link all by their hateful selves!

And God from “Dogma” has won again, Lews Therin!

• brknwntr says:

Ed Byrne is funny, everything you said is invalid.

“Ed Byrne is funny, everything you said is invalid.”

If he’s so funny, why was he talking to like 8 people in that tiny room? XD

• brknwntr says:

Ed Byrne is funny, everything you said is invalid.

-.-

I’m funny, everything you said is invalid.