…aaaaaaahh

Day 38. 297 pages, 138,866 words. Finished.

Thank you for your patience, and for feeding my wanky creative side while I flopped and whined.

I’m all done. The Final Fall of Man is complete.

Now I just need to implement the edits on Damorak, get the cover in place, and get my proof copies of Human out to my editors as soon as possible.

Holy shit, I think this is a good one.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Astro Tramp 400, IACM, The Book of Pinian and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to …aaaaaaahh

1. stchucky says:

And 38 pages for a novel draft. That’s a new record for me (although obviously, a lot of this one was already written out and waiting).

Yay! Dude give me a clue in one word about the next project, this novel draft. Just. One. Word!

Congrats!

Can’t believe this is coming to an end.

Congrats!

Can’t believe this is coming to an end.

Damorak was fucking amazing. Are you honestly saying this one is better?

I blush, sir.

I suppose it’s fair to say (and this is really still only my opinion even though I’m the one at the keyboard so it sort of biases me) Damorak had the Project Numb sequence which I think lent a lot of perspective and heart to the rest of the series, and of course it has a certain amount of climactic showdown … but Human has the same, dialled up even more. It’s dénouement rather than culmination, seeing how Damorak ended, but I think it still manages to raise the stakes. It also has a couple of the best stand-alone chapters, tangential characters and settings I have put in the series.

But yeah. I guess we shouldn’t talk too much about it, since we’re only public up to Molran at this point. Spoilers and all that.

Hmm, I complimented Hatboy, I should offer a mild burn now to balance it out.

Dreaming, Aaron and I are all editors, and who else reads the blog? Spoil away.

I have read this series quite carefully and somehow I’m extremely lost now. And pissed because “Grey” isn’t enough of a fucking one-word clue, damnit.