Hey look, it’s Thursday

Mrs. Hatboy and the girls are headed to the cottage again today, for a long weekend of wool-dyeing. This is the second Hatboy-time weekend I’ve had in as many months, but they’re still rare enough that I sort of enjoy them. It’s nice to eat dinner at one in the morning sometimes.

I’m going to try to use my time wisely (it’s still a work week, technically, until tomorrow), and get a ton of writing done. Work is going to pick up next week (and by “pick up”, I mean “summer holidayers are going to come back to the office and start screaming and waving their arms”), so I’d best enjoy the break while I can. This weekend is sort of my summer holiday.

Wump was sorry to hear that I would be home all by myself with nobody to cuddle. “How are you going to sleep?” she wanted to know.

Then she selflessly offered to let me keep her plush doggy, to snuggle with at night so I could get to sleep. “Or you can come in here and pick any soft toy you want from the toy box,” she added.

Aww.

This entry was posted in Office Posts, Random and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Hey look, it’s Thursday

Aww! Dalia wondered that about me, when we were “homeless” for 2 weeks and I was alone in a hotel near work.

I’m excited to hear about this writing! And I want to know how you know about the summer holidayers when they come back, at a new workplace. Is this a Finland thing? And is it objective reality that they will come back in that fashion? XD

It’s not objective reality, it’s just a prediction (and exaggeration). Based on most summers in Finland. Everything shuts down, everyone says “let’s worry about this in August”, and then suddenly the screaming and the arm-waving and the “it’s almost Christmas how the actual fuck”.

LOL

I have literally literally never experienced that summer phenomenon. Wild.

Then again, perhaps your Summer is a lot shorter and more precious than ours. Shorter in terms of weather, I mean. I believe technically Summer is always the same length.

Dude, Scandinavians and summer. They lose their fucking minds and crawl back into civilisation in August, not entirely sure what happened. It’s the lack of darkness at night. It does something to your brain.

Oh, right! I didn’t even think about the whole “no darkness” madness. There was a cool Robin Williams movie set in Alaska, about that. Remember the “creepy Robin Williams movie roles” phase?

Totally forgot you’re probably right up there in latitude with Alaska. Duh!

we are the same latitude as Juno, we do TECHNICALLY get sunsets every night, but they are at like 3 am, and it never really gets darker than dusk.

I assume BRKN means Juneau, Alaska. I don’t say this to correct him, on the contrary I didn’t know it myself, and when I looked up Juno in Wikipedia the only town seemed to be the one in Georgia, and we’re further north than that shit (also some of us can see Russia from our windows … those of us in Imatra at least).

There were also a couple of Juno beaches listed. So, as it is now past 01:00am, I count this as the thing I am going to learn for Friday.