Thursday

Another quiet day, but unfortunately too much to do at work to get more than my new style cut-down blog post done. I did get up early and do some writing though.

I also paid some bills. I wouldn’t normally bother mentioning this, but after I pay bills online I clear my history in a lazy security measure. Even though I preserve most of my Facebook and Gmail and Hatstand login details, I am often signed out as a result, and that’s fine.

Lately, though, I also get a “new login” warning from Twitter. I tend to ignore it because hey, it’s just me. Today, though, I got a weird e-mail from “CoPromote”, saying my Twitter account had been disconnected, and to follow a link to reconnect it.

Yeah, so no way am I following a strange link. Instead I got on Twitter on my phone. And this hilarious exchange happened.

Oh CoPromote. You so intrusive.

So this was amusing.

I still don’t really know who CoPromote are, but they’re certainly responsive.

This entry was posted in Edpool, Office Posts, Random and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Thursday

It was amusing, but mostly it was you amusing yourself! My dad is super-paranoid about paying bills online etc. I don’t have all the details but I’m sure what you do is part of it. I don’t know what is safe and what isn’t, but as far as I understand it, saving your login details in the browser can’t be good. Nor can paying them online at all. You’re just not safe, man.

Except, you ARE safe. And here’s why: there’s nothing about you, or me, that makes us particularly juicy targets. So it’s all playing the odds. And in that respect, everything you do to make it more annoying to get your details is positive.

I just don’t think any of it is necessary. I’m happy with these odds.

I don’t know how it is in the US, but here in Finland it’s basically impossible to pay a lot of bills “offline” anymore. I guess you could take the whole pile into a bank branch every couple of weeks and fill out withdrawal/transfer papers for each one, but fuck that for a game of soldiers.

And a few of our bills don’t even come in paper form anymore, unless you pay an extra €2 for the service. It just comes automatically from your account (although you still need to log into the e-bank and approve the payment, you just don’t need to fill out all the account numbers and stuff).

Yeah it’s the same here, right down to the charges for paper. And hey, if you need 2 euros, I can help you out, you funny fucker XD

But I got paid! What what!!!! Now I’m a professional!

Bwahaaaa, awesome, so it arrived already. I’m so glad we got the postage I paid for.

So if e-banking is untenable, I was curious how you pay your bills? Or are you saying you, like me, take the risk because we’re basically small fish?

Yeah that’s what I’m telling you…I take the small risk. It’s my dad whose a bit nutty, as I said.

Yes, the payment arrived! Was there…something else in the package? XF

Nothing you can’t buy on .co.uk now that you have euros to rub together…

Ser, it is not objective reality that I can rub these euros together, given that both of them are contained within one coin.

Funny, as I wrote that, in my mind’s eye I saw Severus Snape saying his “the both of you!” line. LOL