Daily WTF

Day 43. 151 pages, 69,120 words. Not getting up early until this shit is solved.

This definitely goes into my “weird second week” file. I’m still going to be talking about my balls, because they’re weighing heavily on my mind. So to speak.

Anyway, I’m slowly improving, the swelling goes down when I lie in bed but puffs right up again when I stand up. Lying and sitting is mostly okay, walking is painful due to swelling and chafe.

Anyway, why am I telling you?

Well, because I told my urologist and he told me “pics or it didn’t happen”.

Yeah, he got me to send him dick pics, or in this case ball pics, which I had to take and send at work. Talk about an awkward start to my second week.

Anyway, seems he’s diagnosed me and is sending a prescription for antibiotics. Looks like Aaron was right, infection is super easy down there.

Oh well.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Daily WTF

I’m certainly sorry to hear about the infection, and I hope the antibiotics kill it quick, but man that mental image of you holding your dick out of the way and trying to take a testicle selfie in a small work place toilet…

LOL pics or it didn’t happen…. I would recommend not taking the pics at your new workplace but that’s obviously up to you. I’m really sorry your enormous yet non-functional balls continue to pain you. Is this from the shaving, then, instead of from the operation? I got a nick or two early on, but I just doused it with rubbing alcohol, or peroxide, can’t remember which, and it never got infected. But staph infections *from your own skin’s bacteria* is a real threat these days. My wife got it on her toe at the beginning of a summer vacation (boo!) and it has never really stopped recurring from time to time.

(yes, your last comments came through, sorry I haven’t had a chance to track them)

I took the photos in the work toilet and then cropped liberally, I didn’t have the pain threshold to wait until after hours, which would have added another day to the proceedings as Doctor Richard Pic went home for the afternoon.

Anyway, all went well. He apparently diagnosed me and sent me an e-prescription, and I’m now on antibiotics. Improvement is slow but palpable. Maybe just wishful thinking or getting better on its own, but seems to be happening.

I certainly didn’t cut myself shaving, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was my doing rather than a surgical fuck-up. Aside from the factors you listed, I have a colostomy bag. Sack of faeces taped to the stomach is an infection risk no matter how careful you are.

Fair enough! And I can’t help but feeling there’s a “sack of shit” joke somewhere in here. Just too emotionally drained to attempt it.

Heh. And naturally, I didn’t use my work phone to send the dick pics…

Although my new work phone does have a much nicer camera than ol’ Mopho Cake III…

Well, either way, I can’t wait to tell my wife you took a picture of your balls at work. I’m totally going to be forgiven for every stupid thing I did at work, ever. Thanks, mate!

Baaahahaha, I like helping you out.

Well so finally on a serious note, I hope you get relief soon. You’ve certainly scared me off of this operation for a while, not that we’re quite there yet in our family planning. But it’s been discussed! Since I have to sit in the car for 2.5 hours a day just to get to work, I can’t be having with my balls aching like this for weeks.

testes…testes…1…2…3? Checking, it seems I’m not being allowed to post from work anymore. If so, this will get real quiet real quick.

3. Glad to hear that the medical situation is improving, because yikes. That sounds super painful.

Thanks. I think what’s been most painful of all is being unable to get up early (my body has gone into “injured, must sleep it off” mode), and being unable to do my daily walk (semi-related to not being able to get up early, having a job with no home office and a fairly fixed time system really limits when I can just take off for a stroll[1]). It’s been a crummy couple of weeks. And Book #6 is ready! I just need to complete publication!

[1] Technically I can get to work at half-past seven, do a limited swipe-out and walk for an hour, then leave work at half-past four. Work in progress.

• It’s always awful when your morning routines get screwed. Hope that the antibiotics kick in fast.

On a related note, I’m an early riser myself, and have an obsessive need to get up with the sun… to the point that occasionally my body decides that this isn’t a figure of speech, and, considering that in these parts, the sun doesn’t properly set for a couple of months every year, well, eh.

And it doesn’t help that my body defaults to a 30-hour day cycle, either. So far, all attempts to reprogram it to the length-of-day on THIS planet have failed.

LOL you are a strange bird, as the saying goes. For a Cat, at least. Shouldn’t you be sleeping *more*? *cat status in question*