Reading Time with Edpool, Episode 5

Here’s an exclusive little sneak peek at The Final Fall of Man #7 for you.

There aren’t really any spoilers here, although I guess there could be some mild ones. It’s a flashback chapter, introducing some characters from Captain Skelliglyph’s past. This is the book where I reveal a bit more about Project Numb, but this specific chapter doesn’t really tell much that isn’t already talked about in previous books. It might seem to reveal what the Project was all about, but keep in mind that half of what comes out of the Captain’s mouth is lies, and the other half is mostly carbon dioxide.

Enjoy.

And sorry, it’s another 17-minute odyssey.

This entry was posted in Edpool and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Reading Time with Edpool, Episode 5

A missile/hittile joke! And just like that, I was back 10+ years ago and we were debating Robert Jordan’s use of Min to make a t’oh/toe pun! I can’t recall where we all stood (I sympathized with it being unlikely to work), but I take it from your usage of this joke here, you were not sympathetic to the complaints. LOL

Hey, let me take this moment to ask/mention/recommend something. Have you gotten any feedback yet about the chapter on Thord’s seed, the Drednanth, and all that? For the first time in a long time, I was terribly confused and having a hard time comprehending all that I was reading. Granted, I was a bit distracted by other thoughts, but usually that doesn’t matter. I thought I was following everything but then I just started not getting it at all.

I’ll try again this weekend, hopefully with better results, but are you open to perhaps a bit more elaboration in that chapter? My spidey senses tell me it might be necessary. If I can get lost, given not only my intense interest in your writing but also my vast intellect, things might just be a wee bit complex. LOL

I’ll have to see what the other Eds say, and of course what precise issues there are. A simple “just explain more” isn’t specific enough.

As for the missiles joke, you need to keep in mind that everything all these guys are saying is being translated and localised from Corps standard into 21st Century English. It just happens to be an equivalent joke.

Yeah I will be more specific if/when I read again and still can’t understand what the hell. LOL

Yeah, that’s pretty much how we resolved the t’oh joke if I recall correctly.

And you totally revealed the title of the next book! Gotcha! You said it was “Well and Truly on the Way” (a Tale of the Final Fall of Man)

I have to admit, that came as a surprise.

The Well And Truly On The Way are a subspecies of They Stand Aside. You got me.

If anything, maybe I’m explaining it too much? I think we need to know who survives, and who’s gone, and that there are a few others around, but too many details – why bother?

Not sure why we’re talking about it here though. This isn’t an editing workshop (chapter reading notwithstanding), it’s a public blog.

Sorry, was just on my mind.

“The Well And Truly On The Way are a subspecies of They Stand Aside. You got me.”

Well played, sir. Also nicknamed the “GTFO” for short.

By the way, does your comment indicate there will be “editing workshops”? Skype? Put all the editors on at once? I would need more popcorn for that!

“Nah. Just that no talking about unreleased material on public forum, please and thank you.”

Ahh, good point, I wasn’t thinking about that aspect. As you say, though:

“And I duly acknowledge that you were totally safe and respectful and spoiler-free, this isn’t a chewing out.”

Whew! Hey, no problem with nipping things in the bud. All good, man.