It begins

My dear editors (bless them, and never let it be said[1] that they do anything but a superlative job) have started getting to the end of Molran and the comments are filtering in. It’s going to be a busy rest-of-April.

[1] Except by me.

Adding to my work workload is a couple of other little projects, and the ongoing job-hunt. Not really stressing about it for the moment, though. What I’m mostly annoyed about is that I’ve been getting up at 04:00am for the past few days, and still don’t seem to get anything done.

I’ve been wanting to finish a bit of The First Feast for weeks now, because I think the story is just about played out and I want to move on to new stuff … but I also want to give it the attention it deserves. It’s obviously part of a much larger story (uh, hello, it’s smack-dab in the middle of The Book of Pinian and The Final Fall of Man), so it’s never going to be more than a fragment, a Lost Tale – but it still deserves a proper ending and a bit of structure.

As I was just discussing with Mr. BRKN on Facebook, I’m planning on releasing all the Final Fall of Man-related blog stories as an anthology sometime, and that will probably require some fleshing-out, additional bits and pieces, and of course some additional stories that I might not put up here at all. The stuff that’s here on the blog can be considered canon, however.

Ugh, just need to get on with it. How is it half-past midday already? I guess time flies when you’re editing buzzword-bingo docs.

I suppose I should bite the bullet and admit that I’m starting Book 7 (title withheld because spoilers), though. So I guess I’ll start the clock tomorrow.

Because what I really need in my life right now is a ticking clock!

This entry was posted in Astro Tramp 400, The Book of Pinian and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to It begins

I bet I can guess the title of the next book.

I’ll give you a clue: You’re wrong.

So it’s not “Human”? Damnit. I bet you changed it because we guessed it, Robert Jordan. Go on, tell me authors never do that!

Since I’m far behind due to my distance and my time for reading, I’m going to say a few things now that I’m enjoying that are a little spoilery. Also, to give you an idea how far along I’ve gotten. I feel I can add sentence fragments like that since you did it so many times in this book! ;P

I’m SO glad when you were telling us the relative number of chapters for each character, you said them by name and not, for example, “The Captain”. If you know what I mean, LOL. If you don’t have a Clue what I mean, well, now you do.

So far there have been some amazing chapters, man, hats off to you. The reactor, Contro, all that stuff was so awesome, the combination of zany humor and awesome physics, I was in heaven. I hope I didn’t miss any errors because I was so busy joygasming.

I haven’t found much, to be honest, so far…I would say at this point it’s my cleanest edited draft (halfway done). Now, I think part of that is my ability to remember past comments you have defended successfully, and skip over them. But surely you get credit too for being a better author thanks to my help! I would include brkn and others but I’m still mad he placed blame on me without my permission XD

*I’m watching you, Fokker, hand gesture at brkn*

Anyway I’m really excited to see how they continue to operate the modular through this book. And as the wheels keep coming off, calling it the Astro-Trump seems more and more appropriate!

I feel like I had a couple of other things to say about what I’ve read so far, on here, but I forgot. Mondays!

Nah, it was never going to be Human.

*hastily grabs post-it notes with “Final Fall of Man #7, Human” written on them, and hides them somewhere so they will only be found after I die*

Seriously though, the obvious alternatives are Human and Damorakind, since the eight-book cycle is each of the Six Species names, plus Eejit and one other name. However, the two halves of the series mirror one another with increasing clarity as we approach either end. So #7 is going to mirror Drednanth.

Maybe it will be Aki’Drednanth. Why was it even Drednanth in the first place? Golly.

Pretty sure you’re ahead of dreameling even though you’ve only just gotten hold of the book.

In his defence, he has a lot of cheese to eat before he abandons ship.

Oh you devil you. If they’re jarring, by all means mark those fuckers down!

Bahahaha, oh, I wouldn’t have been that mean. Although that would have been a dastardly loophole.

Mrs. Hatboy doesn’t say much. She just enjoys the story and enables my madness.

Still, I’m glad you liked those chapters, they were fun to write.

Absolutely, not even joking.

I would include brkn and others but I’m still mad he placed blame on me without my permission😄

*I’m watching you, Fokker, hand gesture at brkn*

Don’t worry, this time I also loaned a copy of the draft to every-time quiz winning and major-continuity-error-finding Kristiina, so let’s see what she finds. And BRKN will finally have to stop complaining that the quizzes are more difficult for him because of the “I read the first draft” issue. Or, even if he keeps complaining about it, he won’t be able to say that’s why he didn’t win.

Sadly, I can’t fix the Blaran error in Molran. It’ll have to wait for #7.

Hee, it really is more of a wreck with minimal life support at this point.

“Oh you devil you. If they’re jarring, by all means mark those fuckers down!”

No no, I liked them all, so far. I was only twitching because of the technicality that they’re not sentences. But I’ve come to accept this writing style of yours.

“Hee hee, thanks! I’m glad you liked it, this cheered me up. I guess the most problematic – nay, triggering – part of this story will probably be the ending, so far I have one Ed with a “WTF, EXPLAIN” and another with a “…”.”

Oh now I can’t wait to finish…don’t make me rush! I wonder how I will react…I do tend to trust you and just roll with it. At least, I think I do, correct me if I’m wrong.

“Sadly, I can’t fix the Blaran error in Molran. It’ll have to wait for #7.”

Don’t worry, it was hardly a…Blaran…error? Eh? Eh?

*ducks rotten fruit*

Don’t worry, it was hardly a…Blaran…error? Eh? Eh?

I started yesterday. Prologue done!

I await with bated breath.

Shit, I haven’t even started reading yet.