Too Leeroy; Dragon Rookery

Holy crap, I ran out of time again today. I need to stop sleeping in to all hours of the morning, it’s ridiculous how little of the day is left if I don’t start until 09:00 and holy fuckblobs, I’m turning into my dad.

Anyway, I didn’t have time to do much today. Maybe soon I will be at liberty to talk about it more, but for now let’s say I am still applying for jobs, awaiting interviews, and waiting to see if this work that my employers have kept me hanging around for is actually going to happen. Because right now, they’re literally not letting me do it.

Which, you know, is funny. Because I’m getting paid through to the end of July anyway. And the weather is turning lovely so I might just take to working outside.

I am turning into my dad!

Here’s a funny video many of you will have seen.

I think Mr. BRKN or Mr. ThePatriot actually introduced me to this one.

And here is a post about what is really happening in that video.

I have been guilty of putting way too much effort into writing geek-oriented and highly-specialised stuff in the past, but that there is Usenet-level effort.

No, I didn’t read it all. Every rule must have an exception or an absurdist extreme, and it looks like for me the “TL;DR” rule just found its exception. I get that the video was staged or that the raiding party had no hope of succeeding with the plan they were laying out.

But it’s still funny.

This entry was posted in Kussa mun hopoti? and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Too Leeroy; Dragon Rookery

LMAO I’m actually really proud of myself, I figured out most of that and I don’t even play WoW, or any MMORPG. Right down to how the guy the video featured was not really accomplishing anything. I didn’t know the equipment bit, but that totally makes sense too. I was thinking “is mana really that important?” I’m sure it’s important, but like the blog said, armor is king for Paladins. Apparently.

Leeroy Jenkins has always amused me and I didn’t know the origins. But the way that guy shouted it is just like the announcing battle cry from Hearthstone. And when he attacks he does in fact say “Time’s up, let’s DO this!” Always gives me a laugh. When he dies, he says “at least I had chicken”, another inside joke, I’m sure. Here, let me put up a good Leeroy Jenkins moment from Hearthstone. “LEEROY HNNNNNNGGGGGGJENKINS!!!!!!!!”

So many of them had a soundtrack that covered up his awesome cry, so I couldn’t link them though they were really cool =(

And if you want to know the history, as I did, it turns out your linked video is in fact THE ORIGIN so thank you so much, Hateboy! Awesome!:

Heh, yeah, that video is the origin, and they made him into a character. Yeah, he had chicken. Apparently he was AFK and cooking it while the planning session was going on. So fucking good.

Extra Easter egg I forgot to mention from Hearthstone: When you play Leeroy Hnnnnjenkins he summons two 1/1 dragon whelps. Which is enough to kill him, as he has 2 health. So thematically appropriate!

I don’t know why, but now I want to go back into Torchlight and create a pair of pants called Leeroy Jeggings.

Well, actually I do know why. This is why.

I’ve always thought he says “Alright chumps, let’s do this.” Regardless, this video is hella old, from back when Noir and I were young and single and carefree. He first showed it to me back in 2004-5 I think. Since then it has become our byword/ battlecry.

“All right time’s up, let’s do this”, I’m pretty damn sure. Shortened for Hearthstone which you can clearly hear in my video. Which doesn’t prove the original video dialogue but I just listened to it carefully.

But that’s nitpicky, no matter what, this whole situation is so awesome. Blizzard gets it right so, so often compared to the other big game makers.

• brknwntr says:

Every transcript I have ever seen has said chums, or chumps.

Either way, the official battle cry uses chumps. ))))

“Every transcript I have ever seen has said chums, or chumps.”

Propagation of the first interpretation by a bunch of people who took it as correct and didn’t analyze the audio? Start Hatboy’s video at 1:21 and listen. I have, about 10 times now.

There’s “All right” and then two more syllables, with a break after, followed by “Let’s do this”.

Now, syllable 1 could definitely be “chums”, it would sound almost exactly like “time’s” with that audio distortion going on. But then there’s only one extra syllable after. “I’m” in “I’m back” would work but that would mean the “back” is cut out, so I don’t see how you can possibly know. Instead, if it’s “up”, after “time’s”, then you don’t need the audio cutting out and a missing syllable.

So for me, “Time’s up” fits the two distorted syllables well. Plus Blizzard used it, so I’d be REALLY surprised if the version you know of is the only version. Why would they have not used “chums”?

Either way, the official battle cry uses chumps. ))))

And what’s this “official battle cry” of which you speak? You didn’t link that. AFAIK, Hearthstone is the “official battle cry” ;P

Hatboy, I know you’re loving this nerd fight you started XD

• brknwntr says:

My official battle cry. Halo, CoD, jumping my bicycle off of massive cliffs, diving from 10 meters, etc. No recordings exist.

Where is your link?

I’m willing to accept that transcript is not accurate. I linked it because it , on the surface, supports my theory of events., and moved on.

My link? I put a video in my first comment response, I am referring to that.

I just googled and the urban dictionary has it as “All right, time’s up”. I can’t visit there at work, it’s blocked (LOL), but I copied the link.

I hope that works because I can’t visit it from here…..

Wikipedia supports me, too, but that’s a reference back to Hearthstone, an example of which is shown in the video in my first comment response:

While I assume brkn’s silence is due to time constraints or lack of further interest, I just want to add here that I’m sorry that it really seemed like I was shitting all over your long-time battlecry, which sounds like it had a lot of fun moments wrapped up with it. I’m fully willing to accept Blizzard might have got this wrong…I was just having a good pedantic debate as Hatboy can tell you is my wont.

• brknwntr says:

Oh no, your links in your first comment didn’t appear on my phone, and are inoperable in the second comment. I’m just waiting till I get home to a PC to look at it. Also I got bored. ADHD does that.

“Also I got bored. ADHD does that.”

You too, huh? More and more I’m convinced in what I read, that ADHD is the curse of the extremely, amazingly, staggeringly intelligent XD

I’m bored too. That’s why I’m poking at this thread. Different strokes for different folks, I guess!

I think it’s glorious that this video of the most attention-deficient person in the history of gaming has brought the two of you together to talk about your problem in an open and judgement-free squirrel.

Yes, yes Hatboy, we all know you’re in the ADHD club too.

Are you kidding? I’m the opposite of ADHD. Guess that means I’m not a genius, but oh well. I’ll always have my enormous testicles.

I call them Aaron and BRKN.

dreameling’s the penis. Because always a small d.

Let’s pretend d is the new D. Also, d’s d, man.

“Let’s pretend d is the new D. Also, d’s d, man.”

Hitler’s micropenis alert!

Is it still Godwin’s Law if the conversation devolves to Hitler’s micropenis? I must know!

I think this is uncharted territory, man. Bonus points for you for immediately thinking of Hitler, though, so you make the call.

“Bonus points for you for immediately thinking of Hitler, though, so you make the call.”

You sir, are entirely too Finn. I mean, kind. Same thing. Anyway, I think at this point in American history, no one gets kudos for seeing Hitler in everything. A really fat Hitler with orange hair and small hands, so still probably a micropenis.

Well, I say “interesting”…

I see good old Leroy from the musty archives of the internet is still trending. As he should. Didn’t know about (or remember) the Hearthstone card. Nice. 🙂

I mean, Leeroy.

“It’s interesting to note that the urbandictionary script has his closing line as “at least I ain’t chicken”, which makes a lot more direct sense. However, the line “at least I ate chicken” makes more narrative sense in that a) he was high as balls and b) allegedly he was away from the computer heating up chicken while the rest of the party were making their dumb plan.

Well, I say “interesting”…”

Well damn, that’s what I get for working somewhere Urban Dictionary is banned…. That does make sense, too. I think I like it better. “Ate”/”ain’t” is quite an easy one to mishear, too.