Molran

I finished Molran, just so you know, with ten minutes to spare on my Day 80 deadline day. 266 pages, 134,437 words. Here’s the final set of metrics:

metrics (18)

I had to extend the graph a bit to make room for the 10 extra days.

All in all, not bad – and with the usual end-of-book jag for the final few thousand words. It was a good weekend, all told. Molran is quite a lot longer than the other books, so let’s see if that can be cut down a bit.

Now, what about the chapter point-of-view balance? Well, it’s another book with a good solid set of miscellaneous characters for various reasons, but they’re not exactly new introductions. We’re too deep into the story to go making up new players:

metrics_molran_representation (3)

And yes, there’s a solid Captain wedge.

This makes the point-of-view balance for the series so far look more like this:

metrics_FFoM_representation (ca. book 6)

Let’s see what the next book brings.

I’m looking forward to getting this one out, it was a lot of fun to write even though it lagged a little. And I think the main plot-point is one that’s been bugging some readers for a while.

Speaking of readers, I was already squealing about this on Facebook but thought it was worth sharing again here. Another excellent review for Eejit, which seems to really polarise readers. In this case, at least, I seem to have made one of my “free e-book” audience members happy, which is great news.

facebook158

I hope they continue to like the series.

That is all for today. Short week this week and I have a bunch of work to do. Also have to finish off the draft, get it into the publishing template and get those editors’ copies printed.

Also, quiz for the Blaran party.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Astro Tramp 400 and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Molran

Woohoo! Time for me to get! Paid! Make it rain, Hatboy!

But seriously, and I checked your pie chart carefully this time, the Captain has about as much page-time as Contro? Can it be? Can it be Christine? Bravo![1]

[1] That’s “Phantom of the Opera”, in case it’s a bit obscure for you.

Well, I’d stress “chapter count”, not “page count” or “word count”, I’m still not graphing that accurately. But yes, Çrom gets two whole chapters in this baby. Same as Contro. Your angel of music…lear transpersion.

LOL *sneaking suspicion*

If I find out this correction masks 1-page chapters with the Captain, I am so coming over there to Finland and fixing your “unbutt problem” XD

But hey, on the plus side, I’d come for a visit, right? LOL

Haa, no, they’re decent-sized chapters. The chapters range from 4 to 15 pages, but Çrom’s aren’t 4s.

• brknwntr says:

The angel of music is the Phantom, those lines were sung by Raoul.

Precisely, brknwntr!

I only wish I knew your secret. Who is your great tutor?

• brknwntr says:

Father once spoke of an Angel
        I used to dream he’d appear.

Actually, “Sing, My Angel of Music” is sung by the Phantom, about Christine.

• brknwntr says:

Yes, he does say that, however it’s non capitalized in the lyrics. It’s not used as a proper noun, and thus not an identifier. As well as not appearing until later in the musical, during the number The Phantom of the Opera. During the number Angel of Music, Christine identifies the Phantom as THE Angel of Music, and it’s capitalized in the lyrics, implying a proper noun and a title.

CHRISTINE:
        Father once spoke of an Angel
        I used to dream he’d appear
        Now as I sing I can sense him
        And I know he’s here

Here in this room, he calls me softly
        Somewhere inside, hiding
        Somehow I know he’s always with me
        He, the unseen genius

MEG:
        Christine you must have been dreaming
        Stories like this can’t come true
        Christine you’re talking in riddles
        And it’s not like you

CHRISTINE:
        Angel of music, guide and guardian
        Grant to me your glory

CHRISTINE:
        Angel of music, hide no longer
        Secret and strange Angel

I don’t care enough about guns, politics, the global warming crisis, or being an American to put more than one comment of energy into a conversation. The Phantom of the Opera though…….

I’m glad you tried so hard to correct my throw-away line about Contro being Aaron’s angel of music (lear transpersion), which I placed just to let him know that his reference hadn’t been too obscure.

But by all means, continue. It’s a comments thread, not a crime.

• brknwntr says:

You’re welcome

“Actually, “Sing, My Angel of Music” is sung by the Phantom, about Christine.”

He’s with me even now….

Actually Hatboy, I thought brknwntr was saying my quote was Raoul, which it was. The “Can it be Christine” quote that started this horrible nightmare. I am ashamed.

And I still don’t.

I have no shame in me at all.

“And I didn’t think it mattered which character in the musical actually said the quote.”

It’s ok man, I’m sure every writer feels this way at some point when he’s being corrected. Just relax and let it happen….

Aww, you think you trollin’.

The Phantom of the Opera. Gaaaaaaay.

• brknwntr says:

Long ago, it seems so long ago
      How young and innocent we were.

OK time to drop the dirtiest line in The Phantom of the Opera here to relieve all this nerd rage. “In all your fantasies you always knew that man AND mystery were both IN YOU!”

Is that like giving her The Shocker or something? But with your manhood plus?

Mmm. Mystery meat.

Nevertheless, you’re wrong.

Why are none of these comments in any intelligent order?

In more relevant news, I think this is the most excited I have been for one of your books. I’m anxious for Captain chapters, and anxious for more answers.