Hatboy’s Hatstand: The 1000th Post Spectacular

Today, to celebrate hitting the blogger’s millennium, I made the ridiculously stupid decision to let Edpool have a YouTube platform. He consequently produced this fucking masterwork of literary criticism.

This is a thing that actually happened.

I don’t know, I had a laugh about this and I hope you do too. There are obviously way more wrinkles to iron out than there are flat pieces of metaphorical material to admire. If I want to do this more regularly I will need to improve in a lot of places. Picture quality is as good as it’s going to get unless I buy more gear, same goes for sound quality which I think is pretty poor. But oh well.

I had a lot of fun, and independent authorial[1] readings and general commentary is something I can do with – as I think I have just demonstrated – absolutely no preparation or rehearsal or scripting. I already have a second chapter of Lucas’s to read out and I’m looking forward to doing it.

[1] Or even classically-published authors, I think I could rip them apart just as well. And of course I’ll have to do my own chapters / chapter segments as well. Hmm.

Don’t know if the Jedi robe will always stay but it was cold this morning. I have a series of hats I can wear. But I think it has to be Edpool. He’s just less inhibited.

This entry was posted in Edpool, Hatboy's Nuggets of Crispy-Fried Wisdom, Kussa mun hopoti? and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Hatboy’s Hatstand: The 1000th Post Spectacular

1. stchucky says:

And WordPress congratulates me on the big one-oh-oh-oh.

Oh god, I can’t breathe. This definitely deserves repetition. More when I am fully awake.

3. As promised, a catty gift in honour of this millennial event:

4. Also, I hope that you keep up with the vlog thing. It’s so perfectly bizarre.

Oh yeah, this blog has totally levelled up today.

6. I hope we’ll get an episode or two of Edpool reading a horror novel in candlelight. Just putting that out there.

Congrats, man! It’s been SO long since I heard your voice, this was really nice and a lot of fun! I think if you had a stand holding the book up in line with your face, the mask wouldn’t slip on you as much. It looked like you kinda did that partway through, seemed you were suddenly reading more straight out in front of you….

Otherwise you could wear some sort of choker around the neck of the costume that would pull it down some, like the spiked collar version or something. LOL

Thanks, I’ll keep working on it.

The “book” is in fact just text on my computer screen right in front of me so it’s about as high as it’ll go, but I’ll keep playing with the format. Part of the frustration is that by the time the mask started to slip, I was already so far in that I didn’t want to re-take. And cutting and editing is something I have no time for. All one-take or nothing!

I think the main reason the mask slipped was my chin-wagging while I talked. The beard does tend to shift the spandex around.

Oh, I see! Well, it looked like you were looking down a lot while reading so I thought it was a book on the desk. But I’m sure you did your best! And golly, why are you answering when it was that Edpool guy in the costume who was in the video!

You started it…

Also, I’m very disappointed I didn’t get a “sweet and cute” comment.