Lamb

Australia Day is just around the corner, and as such it is probably time to start saving up some spare cash to buy and barbecue some lamb.

Apparently that’s a thing that I have to do on the 26th (you might have thought we barbecue shrimp prawns, but you would be mistaken, prawns are better pan-fried with garlic), so I guess I will also need to un-bury the barbecue from the front yard, which is a foot deep in snow as of this morning.

Actually, it could make for a rather amusing visual, so I’ll think about doing it.

In the meantime, please watch this brilliant commercial:

There ya go, mate.

This video got complaints from more of those crybabies I was chewing out yesterday, but the thing about crybabies is, they’re really easy to beat because they have a terrible diet and are generally weedy and lack conviction.

Fuck you, crybabies.

This has been a public service announcement from Hatboy’s Hatstand.

This entry was posted in Hatboy's Nuggets of Crispy-Fried Wisdom and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Lamb

The idea of an Australian special forces team choppering to Sotunki, crashing through your roof (and presumably the attic) into your kitchen, grabbing you, and then getting confused about whether they should also grab Wump and Toop… is hilarious.

I also like the idea of them looking at that big intel board, seeing me standing knee-deep in snow with icicles coming out of my nose while I barbecue lamb and the Australian flag flutters bravely in the snow behind me, and nodding in approval before moving on to the next expat.

That is indeed one photo we must see here. (You obviously already took an action point on that, so we’re good. But you may need to set it up early just in case there’s no snow on the 26th!)

• brknwntr says:

I picture more that in the middle of the night he is woken by the sounds of a bullroarer telling him to gather with the other Aussies at either Aussie Bar or Woolshed for evacuation. Where he and the other TRUE Australians are forced to fight off a few would be hangers on Kiwi.*

Or alternatively, don’t either of these places do a food special? It would be logical, and might save you time and effort with the BBQ.

*Obviously not a hoard, that would involve, coordination and discipline, instead of being general lazy gits.

Probably, but I have no interest in being around other Australians on Australia Day. And if it’s not off my own barbecue, it’s nothin’.

Actually, if it was a hoard it would probably involve treasure.

The word you want is horde. It’s a homophone.

• brknwntr says:

Oh god, I am now googling to see if that is a real reference, and if it’s not, it needs to be.

Start with The Adventures of Brisco County Junior. Although no, sad to say the “Yo Brisco” series of screencap jokes are not actual references to in-show dialogue.

• brknwntr says:

I have never heard of this, I will investigate.

A true classic.

I was quite proud of this joke though, as it is my own creation (the overlap between professional language geeks and Brisco fans being surprisingly broad). Pete, the guy in the final frame, is the bad guy with a phobia of people touching his gun, or “Pete’s Piece” as he calls it.

THE LEVELS

Brilliant. Brilliant. 🙂 I got tears in my eyes.

I’m so fucking hungry now, I could eat that vegan. Sadly, I didn’t see much meat on it/him. Anyone crying about that video has no sense of humor because IT IS COMEDY. And it is NOT offensive, here I actually accept the misused statement “offense is never given, only taken”. It was definitely not given in that awesome video.

3. Pingback: Lamb of God | Hatboy's Hatstand