Interlude: Gah! 16:30? Howwwww

Things are going well, I wanted to at least finish the second-last chapter today but I’m not sure I’m going to get the chance. Still, with any luch I’ll get it done tomorrow. Last chapter, too.

But it suddenly got to be 16:30, and I did all the writing I was going to do in the morning before starting work, so I’m not about to start again now. Ugh, and today was a bit of a shambles because of this e-mail migration thing that for some unfathomable reason needed Tech Support to take over my computer, which is always enjoyable.

What else? Oh, you remember that thing where the Tech Support guys were going to deactivate accounts a month ahead of time, just because reasons? Yeah, they did that to me last week too, just as I was getting ready to take on a bunch of new work. At least everybody involved in my project then raised the roof, so i was back in business within a few hours. Not a few days, like some of my unfortunate colleagues.

Brilliant.

And yes, I was meant to write another bit of The First Feast today, as well as getting a heap of Blaran done. But look.

16:30.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Interlude: Gah! 16:30? Howwwww

“Still, with any luch I’ll get it done tomorrow.”

Sorry I have nothing of substance to add, but I’ll point out that typo looks more Freudian. H isn’t right next to K… and you are talking about The First Feast. Anyway, I hope getting some lunch makes your productivity go up! Heck make it elevensies!

I’m only asking out of genuine curiosity, but do you use second-last instead of second-to-last in Australia?

Usually, yeah.

Unless there’s a horse race, and the horse that is coming second suddenly falls down and ends up coming last.

I put “second-to-last” in the same category as “off of” – it’s a dialect thing.

• brknwntr says:

Huh. I guess it goes along with those people who count drawers from the bottom instead of from the top.

Depends how many drawers there are. If there are ten, I’m not going to say “ninth drawer”. I’m going to say “second from the bottom” or “second-last drawer” even if it is more words.

• brknwntr says:

Yes, but some people say second to last, while counting from the bottom. Those people need therapy.

I think they do have a support group meeting thing. It’s every Friday afternoon, right after the support group for people who are bothered by the usage.

Speaking of which, you’re driving us to group this Friday, right?