Interlude: Monday. No, wait, Tuesday.

Sorry. Nothing much to add for today, things have been busy and I am focussing on the book. After making a snide in-story remark about how a good space dogfight shouldn’t last too long, I went ahead and dragged this one out as much as possible. Black Honey Wings will be a novella by the time it’s done. Maybe after a while I can put together a little series of prequel short stories about the dead characters of The Final Fall of Man, and release it as an anthology.

Hey, don’t start bitching about me getting lost in side-projects! May I remind you, I don’t have anything to throw onto the blog today because I was working on the main project?

Seriously though, I wanted to come up with some “interlude”-worthy comment about some current event, but current events suck lately. I’ve already done sexism and racism and fear and stupidity. No more of that for a while.

Something will come along.

Oh, hey, but look at my metrics!

Metrics, again.

Circled: The two weekends Mrs. Hatboy took the girls for 4-5 days and left me alone to eat microwave meals at 11pm and drink White Russians at 9am and basically be an author.

I don’t think Mrs. Hatboy has another weekend at the cottage with the girls in her this book, which is just fine with me because I really did miss them and frankly, I can’t be alone in the house for more than 4 days. I’m not capable of looking after myself. And Mrs. Hatboy has enough stress in her life without running after Wump and Toop for 4 days straight.

Still, things are going well.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Interlude: Monday. No, wait, Tuesday.

1. well, you know that *I* would never bitch at you for getting lost in prequel side-projects. I think you’ve teased quite a lot of interesting past for each of the main characters of The Final Fall of Man, and I’d love to read about each of them. I mean, “Are you my Corpulent Brood Matron” (took me a while to recall that, hope I got it right) taught me a bit about Damorakind, so I know when you’re actually writing a prequel it will be really informative. Still tops on my list is more about Glomulus…what he did and what motivates him. I mean, I think I figured out he hates Molren (and associated sub-species, to view it from the perspective of a Molren)…but WHY? And if you ever tell these stories, I’m sure you’ll make it a good payoff, unlike some authors I could name.

I was never really planning on it, but of course once you have the crew of ten in this empty ship that used to have three hundred or so, of course I’m going to have to talk about them sometime. And once I started, I suddenly realised that holy shit, in the four-and-a-half years between the launch of the Tramp and The Accident, there were books‘-worth of adventures. And it was a real tragedy when all those people died.

Who knew, right?

Matriarch. But very close, full credit!

Hopefully so! And yeah, that book was sort of the first look at them, wasn’t it? To be continued.

*begins penning No, Seriously, Are You My Corpulent Brood Matriarch?*

• “Who knew, right?”

*raises hand slowly*

“*begins penning No, Seriously, Are You My Corpulent Brood Matriarch?*”

OK let’s not go crazy. Although, perhaps I should go with “betcha can’t make that work”.

“Then I can assure you, the next book will please you no end. Or infuriate you. Not sure yet.”

I wouldn’t be me if both weren’t the case. I mean, if I couldn’t just be pleased with The Gone Away World, then nothing can fully please me, can it?

“Who knew, right?”

*raises hand slowly*

“*begins penning No, Seriously, Are You My Corpulent Brood Matriarch?*”

Nah, you’re probably right. I guess I’ll take my usual approach of doodling while I watch TV and then see what sort of book it ends up being.

I’d really like to make a little book of the creatures Wump and I have drawn together. In full colour, this time.

Not a huge market for it, maybe, but fun anyway.

Top-shelf high-quality diamond-etched premium-grade well-polished truth, right there.

• “What? You knew that three-hundred-plus people dying was a tragedy? Well lah-dee-dah Mister Perception and Heart!”

You’re welcome, Captain Obvious. Or should that be, “You’re welcome. – Captain Obvious”. Not sure.

It occurs to me that Captain Obvious would be a great comedy pairing for Commander Clue.

• LOL Captain Obvious is a great pairing for…anything. He’s like the universal wine, not to be confused with the Universal Whine, which all children learn at or near birth.

But yeah, too bad you already have your Captain. Maybe Captain Obvious can be Commander Clue’s ex-boyfriend on another ship?

I have actually now made a note of this. It has distinct possibilities.

• whee!

and, inb4 Corporal Punishment.

2. Oh and as for something to write about, sure, you’ve done sexism, but have you done feminism? Let me just leave this here, been watching this adorable rational woman lately:

Hold on, she voted for Obama twice?

And she’s, what, thirteen?

• “Hold on, she voted for Obama twice?

And she’s, what, thirteen?”

Hehe about 22 I would say. And she did have to correct herself elsewhere…her PARENTS voted for Obama the first time, which she was counting. LOL

“But yeah, I guess when I say I’ve done sexism, that means I’ve done feminism because it’s the sexism inherent in the system that gets feminists riled up. But this was certainly an interesting perspective. May have to take you up on this one sometime.”

Yeah fair enough, as soon as I commented I remembered your Frozen blog post and your Shirtgate blog post. Not to be confused with your (hopefully, future) Shartgate blog post.

I’ll send you a hilarious video of hers in the next email I send you. It’s…well, you have to see it. I don’t know why, with all her charisma, she only makes one video per month. I’m planning to ask her. I think she’s more into twitter and facebook.

I noticed she’d done a bit of a “shirtstorm” rant. It was once again gratifying to see the voice of reason was a majority there. Grr, I’m getting all pissed again at those FUCKING IDIOTS who thought the guy’s shirt was more important than landing a probe on a comet. Excuse me.

I liked her Oppression Olympics stuff, too. Hee. She’s saying the stuff I would say if it wouldn’t get me crucified for saying it because I’m a guy!

• Yeah, quite so…she speaks rarely in video, but it’s all *right*. It’s all good stuff. Aww, you’ve probably seen the video now that I sent you…with the dance intro. I love her intros, lol…sometimes they’re short and just LOL and WTF, sometimes longer and hilarious. The latest video, too…watch how reasonable she can be. The one about “shut up woman and let me tell you why you need feminism” LMAO burrrrrrrrrn.

She reviews a male feminist video and about halfway through it she says something I rarely hear, “I’m not covering the rest of this because I agree with it.” How often does that happen from opposing sides? And how she defends “white knights” saying she doesn’t believe the line that they all just want to get laid.

I mean, I think she’s only partly right on that, but how fair and kind of her. She doesn’t want to get into that, so she rejects the offensive side. Fair enough, IMO.

“I’ll see your point, and raise you a Rarity.”

I’m allowed to know who Rarity is because I have a five-year-old daughter. Also I know the Winx transformation song.

Also, this is Boxxy, isn’t it? Tell me it’s Boxxy.