More marketing

Day 38. 92 pages, 45,575 words.

Today, I would like to share the full bulk of my promotional posters here on the blog, in full size, before going into a bit more detail in the coming days of the response I have received on Facebook. It’s been quite funny, especially as the ‘inspirations’ for the main characters realise what is going on (you’d think they had forgotten how this started).

Obviously, the story has changed a lot since this humble beginning, and the nine most-frequently-engaging people on my Facebook Wall have become merely a starting-point, a foundation, to these characters I am really quite starting to love (not that I don’t also love my friends, but they’re two very different kinds of love). Works of fiction, any similarity between people living or dead, bla bla bla, and so forth. Any characteristics you might find insulting, yada yada.

Anyway, here they are.

Eejit, available for pre-order now.

“Classic tagline” original poster.

What if civilisation ended while you were somewhere else? How would you know?

“Tagline #2” poster, bit of a peek into the rest of the series and an interesting philosophical question (if I do say so myself).

poster (7)

“Flat-out advertising” poster, establishes genre (or lack thereof) and poses another interesting philosophical question.

poster (4)

Bruce’s poster. Bruce was not really based on anyone, except of course there is a certain amount of HAL-9000 and a hint of shark-from-Jaws about it.

poster (5)

Commander Z-Lin Clue’s poster.

poster (2)

Helmsman Zeegon Pendraegg’s poster.

poster (15)

Ship’s medic Glomulus Cratch’s poster.

poster (12)

Comms Officer General Moral Decay (Alcohol)’s poster.

poster (11)

Counsellor Janus Whye’s poster.

poster (10)

Head of Science Janya Adeneo’s poster.

poster (9)

Chief Tactical Officer Sally’s poster. I’m aware that I could have used her full name here for completeness, but I’m leaving that as a treat for those who read the book.

poster (16)

Chief of Security and Operations Waffa’s poster. As above, I could have used Waffa’s full name here too – but since I have yet to use it in the books, and am saving it for later amusing revelation, I … uh, I just didn’t.

poster (3)

Chief Engineer Controversial-To-The-End’s poster.

Stay tuned for more excitement.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Astro Tramp 400, The Book of Pinian and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to More marketing

These look awesome. Very pro and stylish, and the character posters are a neat idea. So who’s that guy standing there? (I’m getting nice Mass Effect / The Illusive Man vibes.)

I actually don’t know. Could be Waffa or Zeegon, or the Captain. I rule out Contro because he’s clearly standing in contemplative silence.

Might even actually be an eejit.

This is fantastic, especially the philosophical ones. Well played, sir. Well played.

Wait it could be the Captain? SPOILER ALERT!

Bahahaha, thank you. Personally I don’t think it is the Captain, but I think this is one of those historical moments when we look at a piece of “cover” art and try to figure out who is in it. First time for me.

Perhaps I misunderstand you. Are you saying you never puzzled over those ridiculously inaccurate (canonically) cover art “caricatures” (almost) by Sweet on the WoT books? I mean eventually I think we all figured out who the people were, but as I recall it sometimes took a little work, LOL.

No no, we did it all the time with Sweet – this is the first time for me on a cover of my own book what I wrote. Very exciting!

Ok I understand now, and yes! Very exciting! And it could be the Captain! Probably not…but it might!

Reference:

So much win.

Haha! Oh, what great statesmen Jones and McDowell are. They could do the YouTube comments reenactments as well.

And I actually thought you might have been channelling Contro in your latest comment…