Starting Small: teaser

A bit wiped out for the moment, assembling information and trying to figure out where it should all go. For now, I’m just going to scan some of my scribbled sticky-notes and post them here, as a sort of teaser.

None of this will make the remotest bit of sense, but I like the Doc Brown madness of it (it really seemed logical as I was scrawling, but then I scanned them and looked and realised I had a Godzilla in there, not sure why).

The following is a summary and initial exploration of the Unifying Aactur Theory of Reality and Unreality, a founding theory for existence in the Book of Pinian urverse (which also includes the universe we live in). It covers such things as the story’s magic system, the process of the beginning and ending of life, the enduring existence of the soul between death and the end of the universe, the existence and practices of Gods and other high-powered magic-users, the spirit and the soul and matter and energy on a binary-sphere level, and basically everything.

I think I’ve done my part to make things sufficiently confusing. So this seems like a good place to put the sticky-notes.

Unifying Aactur Theory, some notes

Yeah, that explains everything.

About Hatboy

I’m not often driven to introspection or reflection, but the question does come up sometimes. The big question. So big, there’s just no containing it within the puny boundaries of a single set of punctuationary bookends. Who are these mysterious and unsung heroes of obscurity and shadow? What is their origin story? Do they have a prequel trilogy? What are their secret identities? What are their public identities, for that matter? What are their powers? Their abilities? Their haunted pasts and troubled futures? Their modus operandi? Where do they live anyway, and when? What do they do for a living? Do they really have these fantastical adventures, or is it a dazzlingly intellectual and overwrought metaphor? Or is it perhaps a smug and post-modern sort of metaphor? Is it a plain stupid metaphor, hedged around with thick wads of plausible deniability, a soap bubble of illusory plot dependent upon readers who don’t dare question it for fear of looking foolish? A flight of fancy, having dozed off in front of the television during an episode of something suitably spaceship-oriented? Do they have a quest, a handler, a mission statement, a department-level development objective in five stages? I am Hatboy. https://hatboy.blog/2013/12/17/metalude-who-are-creepy-and-hatboy/
This entry was posted in Hatboy's Nuggets of Crispy-Fried Wisdom, Kussa mun hopoti?, The Book of Pinian and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Starting Small: teaser

1. stchucky says:

“r” = “reality”. “u” = “unreality”.

2. JonathanBloom says:

Woah, this is heavy, doc.

Great Scott, indeed. I’ve been sort of nutty lately, stopping in the middle of my afternoon walks and clutching my head and going “oh my God”, running away from my daughter and hiding in the toilet to write stuff on my phone…

Mrs. Hatboy, talking to Wump on the far side of the house: “leave papa alone, he’s … busy.”

What’s “aactur”? Some sort of existential essence?

Gods and other high-powered magic-users

That sounds wonderfully consistent! Same rules for everyone, only scaled differently. (Assuming that’s what that is all about.)

What’s “aactur”? Some sort of existential essence?

Basically, yes. Smallest possible thing, although you can’t even say “thing” because … smaller.

More to come.

Gods and other high-powered magic-users

Precisely! I had a feeling you’d jump right into this and approve, once the initial WTFog begins to clear a bit.

• JonathanBloom says:

For some reason, that reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uaClHZVvD0

Oh yes, that hand gesture. Yes.

Elegant design is elegant design, man. You see that through any fog. And the Godzilla makes perfect sense if body size / quantity of aactur does not matter to a reincarnating soul! (Everything else, though, WTFoggy.)